Treatment for Ant Infestations
Ants are social insects that live in colonies. If you detect one in your apartment or business complex, there are definitely more lurking around. As a result, any ant control treatment plan must be comprehensive enough to kill the entire colony. If you intend to use a typical ant spray or repellent spray, the best you will do is kill a few and scatter the colony. To permanently get rid of ants, you need a professional pest control agency.
Eco Pest Melbourne is a licensed pest control professional that guarantees the best ant treatments according to Australian standards with only the best quality materials.
How we treat
Ants are common pests in homes, restaurants, hospitals, workplaces, warehouses, and nearly any other structure with food and water. While ants are innocuous to humans, they can inflict significant structural damage. At Eco Pest Melbourne, our inspectors are trained to recognize some indications of ant infestation. Common signs that indicate ant presence include:
- Hundreds of thousands of ants along extended trails
- Ants Scouts on the lookout for food
- Holes or fissures in walls or foundations
To keep your family safe from ant infection, we examine the house and its surroundings for ant trails to discover nesting locations and determine where ants feed. After discovering physical ant presence, we determine the most effective ant control strategies by identifying the species of ant.
- Baits and gels: baits are formulated as solid blocks or granules, liquids, or gels. They include an active ingredient like Termidor that affects the ant’s biology and kills them.
- Boric acid and borates: We sometimes mix borax or boric acid with sugar and syrup to attract ants. The baits draw foraging ants who transport them back to the colony, killing the queen and other ants. Other active ingredients we use include hydramethylnon, neonicotinoids, avermectin, fipronil, metaflumizone, and indoxacarb.
- Insect growth regulators: growth regulators restrict the development of ants from one stage to another.
Why are they considered pests?
Ants are considered pests because of their ability to bite and sting and local abundance. Few ants damage plants in the landscape and several species are pests around and in homes. Ants are attracted to food and will cause problems by foraging in buildings for water or food and when they build nests in gardens. Outdoor nesting activities will make them excavate soil, and they cause the soil to become uneven and soft.
Several ant species pose a serious health risk to people that are sensitive to their stings. Others are known to carry diseases. Fortunately, these cases are not common in Australia as ants are mostly nuisance pests rather than a health problem.
Common species in the city
- Carpenter ant
- Singapore ant
- Argentine ant
- Blackhouse ant
- White-footed house ant
- Pharaoh ant
- Blackhouse ant
- Coastal brown ant
Common signs of infection
- When your food is visibly overrun by ants
- You noticed a colony on one of you walk around the yard
- Rustling noises within the walls
- Trails of wood shavings and sawdust
Treatment tips and advice
- Seal all cracks on the wall
- Seal food in airtight containers
- Don’t leave your trash overnight
- Clean, rinse, wipe, and repeat throughout your home.
- Keep items of external use outside
- Maintain your garden
- Fix nets on windows
- Keep the benches dry
- Clean crumbs off the floor
- Keep foliage cut back from the house
- Remove any stump or wood piles near your building.
- Routinely inspect windows, utility openings, and docks for pest-proof seals
- Avoid landscaping plants that encourage honey-dew producing pests like aphids that attract ants. Maintain a high level of moisture control by eliminating standing water and wet areas around your home.
- Don’t try to fight ants alone without the training and equipment.
If you discover any stray ant in your home, contact Eco pest control Melbourne immediately.
How do ants feed?
An ant can lift 20 times its body weight. Although they don’t have ears, ants feel vibrations in the ground through their feet. When foraging, they leave a pheromone trail so that other colony members can know where they’ve been.
What time of the year are ants most active?
Ants are more active during the summer and spring months. They will seek shelter in warm areas when the winter becomes colder.
Where in the home do ant infestations usually happen?
Infestations are common in the kitchen where ants can find proteins and sugar. Some species prefer to nest in wood, while some prefer the soil.
What is the best way to treat an infestation?
You can try and treat the problem on your own. However, the most sustainable solution is to contact an ant professional for proper identification and control.
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Control Techncians
- Commercial Pest Management
- Fully Insured
- 100% Job Satisfaction Guarantee
- Friendly and Welcoming Staff
- Provides Integrated Pest Management Solutions
- Competitive Pricing
- Ant Removal and Pest Control
- Indoor, Lawn and Funnel Species
- Residential and Commercial Pest Management
- Inspection and Thorough Monitoring of Infestations
- Central Suburbs
- Melbourne CBD
- Inner City -Soiuth Yarra, Prahran, Richmond, Essendon, Collingwood
- Eastern Suburbs and South East
- Northern Suburbs
- Western Suburbs
- Mornington Peninsula
Looking for the best solution to end your problem? Eco Pest Control Melbourne can ant-proof your house and protect your family.
Call us on 03 8595 9880.