Expert Flea Treatments
Fleas are tiny, wingless bugs with flat bodies that feed on blood. They exist throughout Australia in different species and can quickly become an infestation once they enter a house or apartment. At Eco pest control Melbourne, our team are professionally trained to eliminate fleas and keep your home safe. We have a deep understanding of their behaviour, and eradication is easy. We work hard to ensure that our customers get what they want for their house by using the most environmentally friendly and non-toxic materials possible. Our first goal is the health and safety of your home.
How we Treat
Have you ever wondered why an inspection is so important? Fleas, for example, can cause a lot of damage. They can spread germs and diseases in a short period. This is why you must carry out a professional pest inspection to detect their presence.
Here at Eco pest control Melbourne, our professionals will inspect your property thoroughly both inside and out for signs of infestation by paying special attention to eaves and fissures. After that, the technician will discuss the problem with you and give you a recommendation.
After inspection, we will treat every part of your property. To do this, we will spray all sensitive areas like skirting boards, under and around furniture, carpets, and even grassed and garden beds. Rest assured, our chemicals won’t hurt your children or pets.
Pets are at the greatest risk of flea infestation. They are also the most likely transmitters to humans. Apart from household pets, racoons and certain animals can spread fleas. Maintaining pets on a preventive treatment schedule of medications is the best approach to avoid subsequent house infestations. Depending on the location, the period could be seasonal or year-round. This way, you can destroy stray fleas picked up by pets before they can lay eggs.
Regularly comb your pets and bath them with effective flea treatments. Also, regularly vacuum your floor to remove fleas and the dirt they use as a disguise. Mow your lawn, keep your yard clean or tall weed and grasses, and you will have a better chance of keeping fleas off your property.
Why Fleas Are Considered Pests
Fleas are tiny, flightless parasites that feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals. The cat flea is the most popular species that feed on cats, dogs, and humans. These biting pests are also introduced into a home by raccoons or skunks. When fleas infest pets, they experience hair loss, scratching, red rashes, among many other symptoms. You may also find tiny black specks spread throughout pet beds, carpets, and rugs, which are typically flea feces.
Beside pets, fleas can bite humans. They are the Fleas are the common transmitters of the rare bubonic plague.
Fleas have four stages of development: egg, larva, pupae, and adult. Depending on the temperature, humidity, food, and the type of flea species, this cycle can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 months.
Common species in the city
- The cat flea is the most common in Australia. It infects Cats, Dogs, and humans.
- Dog flea preys on a wide range of animals. It is similar to cat fleas but not as common as cat fleas.
- Human fleas enjoy sucking the blood of dogs, pigs, and rats. This species is not common compared to others.
Common Signs of Infestation
Common signs of infestation include physical fleas on your curtains, carpets, or furniture. You will also detect many dot-like insects in your pet’s fur and persistent scratching, licking, or biting.
A flea infestation is often indicated by brown and black detritus all over the fur coat. Infested areas might cause your pets to develop scabs or lose fur. Blood loss may cause them to have pale gums.
Treatment Tips and Advice
- Remove all items, such as clothes, toys, and pet food from the floor.
- Vacuum all floors, upholstery, and mattresses with a strong vacuum. Use a vacuum with a bag you can throw away without coming into contact with the contents if possible.
- Wash all bedding, including your pet’s in a hot water and dry it on the highest heat possible.
- Mow your lawn regularly.
- Ensure your pets stay away from wild animals.
- Use flea shampoo to bathe your pet.
- Comb your pet’s fur regularly.
- Fleas must be checked on and treated regularly on pets.
- For carpets and upholstery, including pet beds, use a steam cleaner.
- See a veterinarian immediately if you detect fleas on your pets or they start feeling uncomfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where do fleas come from?
Animals pick up fleas from the environment or other infested animals.
What do fleas eat?
Fleas are parasites that draw blood from hosts.
Can fleas bite humans?
Yes, fleas can. Flea bites are small and painful itchy red bumps with a halo around the bite centre.
How much does its extermination cost?
It costs an average of $200- $350, depending on the extent of the infestation.
Why Choose Us
- AEPMA Member
- Licensed and Trained
- 20 Yrs Experience
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Fully Insured
- 12 Months Guarantee
- Eco-friendly products
- Flea Control Management Program for Businesses
- Internal and External Flea Control for domestic homes
- Modern Technology and Equipment
- Post-treatment Recommendation and Follow ups
- Mornington Peninsula
- Central Suburbs
- Melbourne CBD
- Inner City
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Suburbs
- South East Suburbs
- Western Suburbs
Don’t let bugs and pests take over – give us a call to schedule an appointment at 03 8595 9880 and we’ll help you get rid of your unwanted visitors.