Rat Control and Mice Removals
Are you looking for ways to eliminate rodents from your home and business structure? At Eco Pest Melbourne, we are well-equipped to provide effective and affordable pest control treatment for your rodent. We specialize in pest control inspection, prevention, and removal.
We are licensed by the Austrian government to provide effective, cost-free, and safe rodent pest control materials. We have developed the fastest and most reliable method of eradicating rodents and ensure that they don’t come back.
How we treat
Rodents are a common household pest and can cause a lot of damage. Rodent inspection is the process of looking for signs of rodents, such as droppings, burrows, or tracks. We do this by checking the attic, basement, and similar places they can hide. Our professionals will conduct a thorough inspection to determine rodent access points and determine how they are entering your home. Common signs of their presence include:
- A strong and musky odour
- Chewing marks on the walls and furniture
- Holes chewed through walls and floors
- Signs of chewing on food packages
- Nesting materials like dried plant matter, fabric, or shredded paper.
Treating and preventing future rodent infestation requires a combination of removing food sources, using traps, and eliminating access points. This multi-tactic approach significantly reduces the risk of a future infestation. We use different poisons called rodenticides to kill rodents. We also use lethal and non-lethal baits for controlling their population.
Most homeowners prefer to use rodenticides as it is convenient and easy. However, you will have to deal with the possibility that rodents are likely to die in locations where you can retrieve them. Not only this, but the smell of dead animals can linger for weeks or months. Secondly, your pets can die from eating poisoned rodents, and predatory birds or mammals can also die from eating rodenticide bait or poisoned rodents. Children are also at risk of accidental poisoning.
This is more reason why you should let professionals handle rodent treatment and removal. If you ever need to attempt removal yourself, use only EPA approved products, and place the bait in places where even pets cannot access them. Once all signs of rodents are gone, remove bait stations and secure them in a plastic bag.
At Eco Pest Melbourne, we’ll use our proprietary multi-dose powder bait to treat your rodent-infested property. We will address the rodent entry points and breeding locations. These areas include a cavity in the exterior roof, eave line, areas beneath the ground, and burrows. We employ safe strategies to avoid second poisoning as your family’s safety is our top priority.
Why are they considered pests?
Rodents carry diseases and cause significant structural damages. Although their favourite food is grain, they will feed on anything available, including seeds, vegetables, fruits, etc. They also chew on furniture, books, and wires.
There are more than 3,000 rodent species all over the world. A female rat births six litters in a year, consisting of 5-10 pups or more. Rats reach sexual maturity in 4-5 weeks, and their population can increase from 2 rats to 1250 in a single year. Their exponential increase rate makes them a hassle.
Common species in the city
Australia has a large number of indigenous rodents. However, the common ones include brown, black, and house mice.
Common signs of rodent infection
- Chew marks on wood, wires, and other materials.
- A musky or rotting odour that grows stronger as infestation worsens
- Odd pet behaviour: when your pet starts acting erratic or scratching the walls in certain parts of your home, it could be a sign of rodents.
- Droppings: Rodent dropping is easily the most recognized and common sign of an infestation.
- Tiny footprints: You will discover rodent footprints in places where dust collects easily.
- Holes: rodents will make holes within materials and walls to create new entry points.
- Allergies: Don’t overlook an allergy as rat fur and droppings can trigger allergic reactions in some people.
- Noise: Scampering, scratching, and gnawing noise could all be signs of rodents.
- Grease marks: The oil on rodent fur sometimes creates streaks on the surface where they run.
Treatment tips and advice
- Seal holes inside and outside your property to prevent entry
- Trap rodents with small eco-friendly mouse traps to reduce their population
- Take precautions like wearing gloves while picking droppings while cleaning rodent-infested areas.
- Trim back overhanging trees to prevent rodents from hopping onto your roof.
- Clean up your yard by removing piles of garbage, clutter, and debris from around the yard.
- Plant bushes and shrubs at least 3 feet from the building.
- Remove outdoor food sources like dropped fruits from the ground.
- Apply a rat guard to trees, and keep your garden free of hiding places and rotting food.
- Don’t leave food sitting around your home.
- Make your garbage cans rodent-proof.
- Plant mint outside in your garden and apply peppermint oil indoors in areas you’ve experienced rat problems.
- Adopt a cat
Are rats dangerous?
Rats pose serious health threats as they can spread diseases like Hantavirus and Leptospirosis.
Are rats afraid of cats?
Yes, the smell of dogs and cats repel rats.
What do I do if I catch a live rat?
Release it several miles away from your home to prevent coming back to your property. Alternatively, you can call us or your veterinarian to euthanize them.
Why Choose Us
- Licenced and Insured
- 20 Years Experience
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- $20 Million Public Liability Insurance
- Eco Friendly Rodent Control Treatments and Prevention Plans
- Fully Qualified and Trained Rat Control Technicians
- Competitive Pricing
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Adherence to Australia’s Code of Practice
- Effective Rat Control Treatment
- Residential and Commercial Pest Treatment Packages
- Monitoring and Re-filling of Bait Stations
- On-site Inspection and Post-Treatment Recommendation
- Melbourne CBD
- Central Suburbs
- Inner City
- South Yarra, Prahran,
- Eastern Suburbs and South East
- Northern Suburbs
- Mornington Peninsula
- Western Suburbs
Trust the experts at Eco Pest Control Melbourne for your rodent control needs. With guaranteed results and a commitment to customer service, contact us today on 03 8595 9880 for reliable pest solutions!